The shipping and receiving clerk position verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment. Duties include but not limited to: Unpacking, examining, and routing incoming shipments, rejecting damaged items, recording shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages; required to make pick-ups and deliveries to our suppliers for parts and raw materials using a company van. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items over 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This is a full-time position with current openings on 1st shift. Days and hours of work vary based on business demand. Saturday work is required on a rotating basis.
- Organizational Skills.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of factory-related experience in shipping and receiving.
- Experience in a result orientated, deadline driven work environment.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to use simple math.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Forklift experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Knowledge of heavy truck parts.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
Please click on the “Apply Now” link below to fill out an application or email a resume with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.